- A work of art, drama, literature, music, or architecture that imitates the work of a previous artist.
- A musical medley, typically quoting other works.
- An incongruous mixture; a hodgepodge.
- A postmodern playwriting technique that fuses a variety of styles, genres, and story lines to create a new form.
Used in a sentence:
- The song used in that particular episode was not just a pastiche but, at least to most of the internet’s ears, a blantant rip-off of the artist’s song, with no obvious credit.
While it was awhile ago, some of you might know the source of today’s sentence. If not, don’t worry about it! Just keep in mind that a Pastiche is not exactly a cover or copy but a re-imagining of the original art in another medium that is also its own. Actually I imagine most fan work that is attempting to imitate their favorite creative person falls under this. Maybe.