Archive for July 20th, 2012
- Person who endlessly whines or complains.
- Person who finds fault with anything.
- Describing a kvetch or kvetcher.
- To whine or complain, often needlessly.
Used in a sentence:
- The kvetcher would simply not shut their mouth and it was getting on my nerves, kvetching about the wait, food, prices, and anything else that caught their attention.
Yes this is an English word, no doubt stolen from Yiddish or German and unaltered through the years. This is one of those weird words that I don’t think I’ve ever heard before with my own ear, which makes me excited. I certainly wouldn’t have guessed how to spell it based upon how it sounds, or vice versa for that matter.