Tag: Math With Bad Drawings
I was seriously into Tic-Tac-Toe when I was a kid.. until I solved it. Then I stumbled upon Math With Bad Drawing’s new Ultimate Tic Tac Toe.
The full discussion of rules and strategy can be found here, but here are the quicky rules:
- Each turn, you mark one of the small squares.
- When you get three in a row on a small board, you’ve won that board.
- To win the game, you need to win three small boards in a row.
- You don’t get to pick which of the nine boards to play on. That’s determined by your opponent’s previous move. Whichever square they pick, that’s the board you must play in next. And whichever square you pick will determine which board he plays on next. If you are sent to a board that’s already been won, you may go wherever you like.
- If the small board is a tie choose one, treat it as empty, neither player can use it to win.
- A variant is to have the small tile treat as a win for both people.
That last rule is obviously the most important and the most interesting!
In addition multiple people have created online versions of this game since the original post went up! Check out the original post for the list!